Bealings School Policy with regard to the Covid-19 virus.
- We will follow PHE and DFE advice.
- We will keep parents and carers informed of all relevant information when we receive it and are confident of its reliability.
- We ask parents and carers to share with the school any information about self isolation, symptoms or confirmed infection within their family.
- We expect parents and carers to follow Government advice and not to send any child to school if they have any symptoms of the virus “however mild”. Symptoms are: a new persistent cough, fever or shortness of breath.
- Our staff will also self isolate in the event they display any of these symptoms.
- If the staff think that any child shows any of these symptoms while at school we will ask parents/carers to remove them immediately.
- We are not permitted to close the school unless we are advised to do so by PHE.
- At the moment there are few precedents of schools closing so it impossible to say exactly what circumstances would trigger a school closure. We imagine that confirmation of an infection, wholesale staff shortages or lack of basic supplies would cause an assessment on closure to be made.
Chair of Governors
ABSENCE REQUEST If, under special circumstances, you need to take your child(ren) out of school, you can print and complete the form to request permission.
SCHOOL MENU Please click on the link to go to the Vertas Catering website and see the school meal menus for this term.
You can apply or see if you meet the criteria for free school meals via Suffolk County Council free school meals
Following the East Suffolk Council Food Safety and Hygiene inspection, Bealings has been given a Food Hygiene rating of 5!
MEDICATION – If you need the school to give your child medication please print off and complete this form or collect one from the office. No medicine will be administered without this form.
SUBJECT ACCESS Request form If you would like to request a copy of the personal information we hold on your child please complete and return the request form to the school office.
During periods of severe weather conditions we will do our best to keep parents informed of any information via email. For the most up to date information about any school closures please see the Suffolk County Council website School Closures.
Best wishes, The Bealings team